Church of the Intercession (built in 1745) in the village Piddubtsy near Lutsk
Piddubtsi village is located 14 km east of Lutsk (now it is Lutsk district of Volyn region). In the middle of April 1891, Lesja Ukrainka came to this village to see her friend Maria Bykovska (she had been a teacher in this village since 1890). Impressions of this trip were reflected in an essay by Lesja Ukrainka «Volyn samples. 1. School» (1895). This sketch also mentions the church that is pictured.